Basketball is one of the most popular sports at bookmakers. The main arguments in favor of this discipline can be called a large number of matches, high dynamics of the game and many equally probable outcomes. And although there are no win-win betting strategies, some of them can be very profitable. One of them is catching up to totals in basketball, and we will now tell you more about it.
How the catch-up of totals works
This strategy involves betting on the total of quarters. The main basketball game time is divided into 4 quarters of 12 minutes in the NBA and 10 minutes in other leagues except the Philippine. The player bets on the total over or under for the first quarter and, in case of passing the bet, takes the winnings and proceeds to the next match. In case of failure, he doubles the bet amount for the second quarter, when he passes, he takes the winnings and stops, if he fails, he bets on the third and fourth quarters.
Statistics show that completely negative or positive quarters happen very rarely, not more often than every twentieth match, which means that catching up to totals in basketball can really bring a good profit.
Is it possible to make money on catching up totals
As we already wrote above, rarely when all 4 quarters end with a total of less or, on the contrary, more, which means that it is real to make money, but for this you need to adhere to a few simple rules:
- Determine the size of your bankroll in advance and make sure that it will be enough in case of failures at the first bets;
- When the bets pass already in the first or second quarter, do not bet on this match anymore;
- Choose a bookmaker with the lowest margin possible and a good quarterly list.
Now let’s look at a game based on such a strategy using a specific example.
You have a bank of 15,000 rubles for bets on a specific match. By choosing it, you bet on the first quarter TB with the odds of 1.92 in the amount of 1000 rubles and you lose. Then you bet 2,000 rubles on TB of the second quarter and lose the same way. After that, you bet 4000 rubles on the TB of the third quarter and win. Now let’s calculate the totals: 4000 * 1.92 = 7680 – 4000 (our bet) – 3000 (previous lost bets) = 680 rubles of net profit.
To play it safe, it is advisable to calculate your bankroll in such a way that it contains the amount for 4 bets not only on one specific match, but at least on two or three different games.
Why Dogon is Popular in Basketball
This strategy is loved by bettors in various sports, but it is especially popular in basketball. And there are several reasons for this:
- In the 4th quarter match, you can use catch-up in each separate game, for example, in football, these will be bets on individual events, between which more time will pass;
- In addition to catching up totals, you can use handicap, odd-even and other outcomes;
- High competition in the NBA and Euroleague;
- Low margins for top championships.
Important tips for beginners
Despite the proven effectiveness of catching up totals in basketball, this strategy has its own pitfalls that are important for beginners to know:
- Bookmakers track players who consistently win using catch-up and apply sanctions to them;
- It is not always possible to find a match suitable for catching up;
- The final loss is fraught with the loss of a large amount of money;
- Catching up totals is carried out in Live, which is sometimes inconvenient.
Otherwise, this strategy can be used and profit from it. But for this it is important to understand its essence, find a suitable bookmaker and have a sufficient bankroll for at least 10 losses in a row.