Miller’s system got its name in honor of the famous American player J.R. Miller, who, in addition to successfully playing in bookmakers for many years, also wrote several popular books about betting. This strategy also has alternative names: Miller’s financial management, Miller’s plateau management, or simply the Plateau strategy. This method of the game is popular all over the world, and why, we will tell in our article.
Miller’s management involves two different strategies: value rates and a fixed percentage of the bank. Bettor bets a certain amount from the pot on the equilibrium odds. To make a profit, at least 53% of all bets must be covered at the distance. Based on this, it becomes clear that the average size of the odds should be around 2. Miller suggests using the following range: 1.85 – 2.1.
Unlike catch-up, this financial strategy is not tied to winning or losing. Regardless of the outcome, the bettor bets a fixed amount from the pot. Miller deduced its optimal value – 1% of the bankroll. It is this size of the bet, according to the author of the methodology, that is safe at a distance and leads to profit. If you bet more (even 2%), the bettor will invariably turn out to be bankrupt at a distance with 53% of all bets. Miller focuses on capital turnover, not bet amounts. That is, you need to make a lot of bets, on small amounts and on carefully selected outcomes.
The main principles of the strategy
Miller’s financial management is somewhat different from other similar methods, so it is important for the player to understand its basic principles:
- Regardless of the results, you need to bet exactly 1% of the entire bank;
- After the bank increases by 25%, the amount of the bet must be recalculated taking into account its growth, but you need to continue to bet the same 1%;
- You need to choose outcomes in which only two options are possible without a draw. This can be a victory of one of the parties in tennis or bets on handicaps, totals in other sports, and so on.
- The lowest odds threshold is 1.85, the highest is 2.10;
- At a distance, the minimum cross-country rate should be 53%, this will allow you to stay in the black. The higher the permeability, the greater the profit;
- You need to bet only on single bets, excluding express bets and systems.
Strategy action by example
Now let’s see how Miller’s system works with an illustrative example. Let’s imagine that the size of our bank is 20,000 rubles, 1% is 200 rubles. consider a cycle of 10 bets.
|1||200 rubles||1.92||Passage||384 rubles|
|2||200 rubles||1.86||Passage||372 rubles|
|3||200 rubles||1.89||Not pass||–|
|4||200 rubles||1.94||Passage||388 rubles|
|5||200 rubles||2.0||Not pass||–|
|6||200 rubles||1.97||Passage||394 rubles|
|7||200 rubles||1.88||Passage||376 rubles|
|8||200 rubles||1.99||Not pass||–|
|nine||200 rubles||1.96||Not pass||–|
|ten||200 rubles||1.85||Passage||370 rubles|
In total, we put 2,000 rubles for 10 bets, our throughput was 60% (a good indicator), the total amount at the output is 2284, which is equal to 284 rubles of net profit. We need to continue to place bets of 200 rubles until our bank increases to 2500 rubles. After that, the bet amount increases to 250 rubles (1% of 2500). According to Miller, with proper analysis and adherence to the conditions of the strategy, you can double the bank after 200 bets.
The main advantages and disadvantages of the Miller system
Like any other method of playing, Miller’s management has its own strengths and weaknesses, which we will now talk about.
- Easy to understand;
- The player does not risk the entire bank;
- In the distance, the strategy has proven to be profitable.
The main cons:
- Designed for long-term profit;
- You need to bet on high odds, which means it is very important to find value rates;
- If at least 53% of the bets do not pass the distance, the player will lose money and ultimately go bankrupt.
Finally, I would like to mention several important nuances that cannot be neglected:
- Play only in trusted bookmakers with the lowest possible margin;
- Do not forget to recalculate your bet size every time your bankroll increases by 25%;
- Always prepare carefully for each bet and analyze the setbacks.
As a result, I would like to say that this strategy is really a good option, since it allows you not to risk the bank and get long-term profit at a distance. The main secret of its success is to correctly analyze matches and find value bets at odds close to 2. You need to understand that this is a long-term strategy that is unlikely to bring instant profit. But in the long run, it has few competitors.