There are many sports betting strategies out there in 2020. We will talk about one of them, called “one step forward, two back”, in this article. It obeys the Fibonacci sequence – a medieval mathematician who was the first to explain the progressive increase in number (each next number is equal to the sum of the two previous ones).
The principle of the strategy is as follows: in case of defeat, the amount of the bet must be increased, that is, to take a “step forward”, in case of victory – to decrease, that is, to take “two steps back.” The bet amount is determined using the Fibonacci system. In part, this strategy is reminiscent of “catch-up”, only it is not so aggressive. Now let’s look at the principle of operation of the strategy “one step forward, two back” with a specific example.
How to bet on the “step forward, two back” strategy
As we wrote above, this strategy is based on the use of the Fibonacci sequence (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 …), where each subsequent number is equal to the sum of the two preceding ones. We’ll start with a small bet of 100 rubles on odds of at least 2.5:
- We place bets of 100 rubles before the first loss;
- We increase the bet amount to 200 rubles, if we win, we return to point 1, if we lose, go to point 3;
- We bet 300 rubles, in case of a victory, we return to point 1, in case of defeat, we go to point 4;
- We bet 500 rubles, if we win we return to point 2, if we lose we go to point 5;
- We bet 800 rubles, in case of victory, we return to point 3, in case of defeat, go to point 6;
- We bet 1300 rubles, in case of a victory, we return to point 4, in case of defeat, we go to point 7;
- We bet 2,100 rubles, in case of victory, we return to point 5, in case of defeat, go to point 8;
- We bet 3400 rubles, in case of a victory, we return to point 6, in case of defeat, we go to point 1, and so on.
One Step Forward, Two Backward Strategy: Pros and Cons
Like any other sports betting strategy, there are strengths and weaknesses in one step, two back.
- The strategy allows you to play it safe and not let the bank down as quickly as when using the classic catch-up;
- Even a beginner will find it easy to figure out this strategy.
- You need to have a big bank, because the series of failures can drag on;
- You have to bet on high odds of at least 2.5;
- It is very important to maintain psychological balance when the series of failures is prolonged and the bank decreases.
To increase the chances of success, playing the “step forward, two back” strategy, it is worth considering the following nuances:
- In no case should you make unprepared bets, because a prolonged streak of 8 or more defeats will lead to the loss of your entire bankroll;
- To consistently make a profit, you need to bet on odds of at least 2.5;
- It is best to bet on the matches of the same round in the championship, where the games are not played at the same time, but one after the other.
Making money playing this strategy is realistic, but for this it is important to carefully prepare for each match and follow the simple principles of “one step forward, two back”. Draws in football are not bad for betting, because the odds on them are usually at least 3. With a competent analysis, you can find matches in which the probability of a world outcome is high and place bets on it. Of course, you can choose other outcomes, but the main thing is to correctly calculate the size of the bets and analyze each match. Only then will the player have chances to consistently remain in the black.