The network address of the printer may vary depending on some circumstances. In this case, you will not be able to print the document. We tell you how to check whether office equipment is to blame for this IP.
Sometimes in the operating system, some errors lead to failures in office equipment work. For example, the network address of the printer can be changed without the user’s knowledge. In this case, Windows will try to send the document to print at the old address, but nothing will happen. Then you will need to know the IP address of the printer to restore the printing process. There are many ways to do this. Starting from the simplest, which even a beginner can cope with, and ending with more advanced ones suitable for experienced users. Whichever category you belong to, follow the instructions below to get the information you are looking for.
How to find out the ip address of the printer in the network through the interactive menu
Many modern printers are equipped with a small screen that simplifies interaction with technology. It is needed not only so that the user can more clearly obtain information. With it, you can see the device’s specifications, which will contain the current IP address.
To do this, you will need to go to the settings. There is no universal name. It all depends on the model. Someone this item may be called “Options,” and someone “Settings,” and so on. By analogy, you can understand in which section the information we need is located. In extreme cases, you can try to alternately go to all the menu items until you find the network address. If English is selected as the interface language, you need to check the sections “Settings” “Options.”
How to find printer ip address in properties
If you own an old printer, you can use the operating system’s information about connected devices. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and in the field that appears, type “control”. You will be taken to the control panel.
- In the upper-right corner, change the viewing type to Category (if required). Then choose Devices and Printers from the Hardware and Sound menu.
- Find the printing device you are using and right-click on it. From the dropped menu, select Properties.
- At the top of the window, select the Web Services tab (usually the third). At the very bottom you will find the IP address.
How to view the ip address of the printer using the router settings
If your printer is connected to your computer using Wi-Fi, you can see the address in your router’s settings. To do this, you will need to know the IP address of the network equipment. Usually, it is located on the back of the router and looks like this: 192.168.1.1. After that, open any browser and enter these numbers in the address bar. The router configuration interface should open. Some manufacturers of network equipment, in addition to the digital address, have a secondary letter. For example, Tenda has this tendawifi.com. Other manufacturers also have something similar.
In order to enter the router settings, you will need to enter the logs and password from the account. Often the login is “admin,” and the password is also indicated on the back of the network device. You’ll need to find the partition with the connected devices. Depending on the model of the router, it may be located in different places. Usually, this category is called “Devices.” In it, you will find all the gadgets connected to the router. Usually, next to each is written his IP address.
How to determine the ip address of the printer using the test sheet
When printing a test sheet, detailed information about the printer is often printed as a text for the test. And it indicates, including the network address. To perform a trial printing, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and in the field that appears, type “control printers”. Press Enter to confirm the operation.
- Find your printer, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- In the first tab “General”, at its bottom, find “Test printing” and run it.
- If you don’t have one, try running the test document using the print key on the printer case. Usually it just needs to be held for a short period of time.
How to find out the ip address of the printer in Word
Surely, you have noticed that some text editors write information about the device through which the printing is performed. Word is installed on everyone’s computer. Therefore, it is easiest to use it.
- Create any document and open it.
- In the upper left corner, click on the “Office” button and select “Print”.
- In the window that opens, look in the port column, in which the network address of the printer will be indicated. Just make sure you select the right device from the list.
How to: Use the Command Line to Determine the Printer’s Network Address
- Press Win + R at the same time and type the command“cmd”in the field that appears, thereby starting the command prompt.
- In the window that appears, type netstat -r.
- You’ll see all the devices connected to your computer. Knowing the gateway address or network mask of the printer, you can determine its network address.
How to find the ip address of the printer using software from the developer
Many developers create unique programs that are compatible only with their products. It is designed to eliminate various problems and provide the user with comprehensive information about his device. You can download such programs, of course, on official websites. Almost all developers of office equipment (Canon, Epson, Kyocera, Brother, and others) have their own software. There are also universal solutions such as NetViewer, IPScan, LANScope. If you cannot find the official utility, you can use one of them. However, there is no guarantee that they will display the correct information, so you should use them only if other methods do not help you.
How to set ip address to printer
Once you know the IP address, you can change it. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the address bar of any browser, enter the network address of the printer. The printer’s home page opens, where you can use to configure the hardware. The interface will be very similar to the interface of the router.
- Go to the Network tab and select IPv4.
- In the field that appears, enter the new IP address.
- Fill in the subnet address field with the following numbers: “255.255.255.0”.
- In the gateway address field, specify the network address of the router.
- Confirm the changes and restart all devices: router, printer, and computer.