In order to start betting on sports, you need to choose a bookmaker and make a deposit. In this article, we will look at sites where you can bet on sports without fear of losing money due to the dishonest behavior of bookmakers.
How to choose a sports betting site
There are many bookmakers on the network, but many of them may turn out to be fraudulent. They may not pay the money in case of a large win or freeze the account of the player who is going to withdraw the earned funds.
When choosing where to bet on sports on the Internet, in addition to possible fraud, you need to pay attention to many other aspects of work:
- Available sports;
- Payment systems that the betting site works with;
- The countries from which it accepts players;
- Availability of licenses and work permits;
- Withdrawal fees and odds.
Choosing a bookmaker based on reviews can be problematic. Many fraudulent companies pay for custom-made good reviews. Also, out of inexperience, players can leave bad reviews about the company on the Internet without understanding the nuances of the issue.
Therefore, first of all, it is worth assessing whether the bookmaker operates in accordance with the law. It will also be a big plus if the company is large and with a long period of work in the market. This is especially true of well-known brands of foreign bookmakers. The history of many of them is measured in decades, and the capitalization is in billions of dollars.
In some countries, for example, in Russia, there is a licensing of accepting bets for online bookmakers. In them, the company must obtain a permit to operate, make contributions to special funds and work through the centers of accounting for transfers of interactive rates (CUPIS). These offices charge players 13% of the winnings and pay in taxes. They are written off automatically, without having to visit the tax office or fill out a declaration.
Legal companies make money on bets transparently and in accordance with the law. They can be considered a safer place to place sports bets. But due to taxes, only about 30% of players use their services.
Consider the best legal bookmakers operating under a Russian license:
- League of bets. The company was founded in Russia and has been operating legally since 2009. It has 500 clubs in 120 cities and is actively involved in supporting Russian sports. Offers users a multi-level VIP program with a refund of up to 10% of the bet amount. Allows you to place bets on all popular sports and e-sports.
- 888. Received a Russian license in 2009, supports any sports, e-sports and political events. The bookmaker accepts deposits through all payment systems. The company has good mobile betting apps.
- Bwin. A division of an Austrian company operating under a Russian license since 2016. Offers a wide line with a large selection of bets. Has a user-friendly website interface and applications for betting from smartphones. The size of the bet starts from 10 rubles. Upon registration, it issues a deposit bonus of 10,000 rubles.
To bet through legal bookmakers, you need to open a universal account with one of the CUPIS. It is linked to the bookmaker’s account. This is done so that an independent body can monitor the integrity of transactions and make bets safer.
Bookmakers without a Russian license are not necessarily fraudulent companies. Many of them may not receive it due to their orientation mainly towards European countries or due to their unwillingness to scare away players by paying taxes when betting. When choosing where to best place online sports betting, they can also be seen as viable options.
- Betfair. The company was founded in 2000 in Great Britain, now its services are used by 1.7 million people. Regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Supervisory Authority. It gives out bonuses for the first deposit of 30 euros, regularly gives out free bets as part of promotions for major events.
- Pinnacle. Another European company that accepts players from the post-Soviet space. Has a user-friendly mobile site and betting applications. Pinnacle odds are often the highest on the market, but the bookmaker does not have a bonus program. Some players may be intimidated by the withdrawal commission.
- Bet365. One of the world’s largest bookmakers, founded in 1974. Licensed by many European countries. According to some reports, the number of players who place bets on Bet365 exceeds 18 million people. Along with sports, esports, gambling and financial events are available. Does not work with payment systems popular in the post-Soviet space, input and output is available only through Visa cards. You can only make a deposit through Qiwi, but you cannot withdraw money.
When using unlicensed bookmakers, you need to be prepared for some of the peculiarities of their activities. Sometimes they stop accepting players from Eastern European countries, and there may be difficulties with document verification. In some countries, their sites are blocked by local providers, so they can only be accessed through a VPN. Not every bookmaker of this kind has a support service in Russian.