Modern smartphones are not only a means of communication but also a good alternative to desktop PCs. Print text, take high-quality photos, create presentations – all this can be done with the help of a mobile gadget. Transferring data to a computer and printing from a PC is not practical and time-consuming. That is why every third user is trying to find the answer to how to print from phone to printer. In this article, you will find the answer.
How to print from your phone – a list of ways
Print from your phone using Google Cloud Print
To use this method, we recommend that you verify the following:
- 1 Whether your printer model supports Google cloud printing – find your device in the list: https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers/.
- 2 If you have a Google Account.
If the answers to both questions are positive, then download the eponymous application from Google Play to your smartphone. We wrote in another material about setting up a google cloud print so we will not repeat ourselves. In short, the diagram is as follows:
- Sign in to your Google account
- adding an MFP to connect to the cloud service.
- print from your phone.
How to print from phone via USB
This method requires the following requirements:
- 1 The smartphone supports OTG cable.
- 2 Availability of OTG-cable.
- 3 The presence of a USB connector in the printer and cable.
- 1 Download the program that acts as drivers. For example: HP Print Plug-in, Samsung Mobile Print, etc.
- 2 Connect your phone to an OTG cable.
- 3 Insert the cable into the printer and the other connector into the OTG port.
- 4 Select print options.
There’s nothing easier than printing from your phone to an HP printer. You’ll need an HP printing plug-in, which can be found on Google Play. If you don’t have an OTG cable handy, go to the next method.
How to print from your phone to a printer via Wi-Fi
First, you need to connect the printer over the network. A smartphone connects to the same network.
ADVICE! Many routers have a WPS button. Tap on it, then connect the phone for 1-2 minutes. The gadget must have the WPS Connection feature. This will save time because you do not need to enter any passwords.
Install one of the programs:
- Cloud Print;
- PrintHand or others.
Using an intuitive menu, the print manager will tell you how to print to the printer from your phone. These programs also help you monitor the status of your printer and change your print settings.
Note! If you notice that the printer has a low level of toner, we recommend replacing the consumable. To save on printing, you will need to refill cartridges. The master leaves on the day of the application if it is issued before 12:00. We provide a guarantee of quality.
How to print a file or text from your phone via Wi-Fi Direct
If you do not know how to print a photo from your phone on a printer without the Internet, Wi-Fi Direct will come to the rescue. It should be noted immediately that this function is not in all printers. Its availability must be found out from the instructions or technical description of printing equipment. For example, Wi-Fi Direct is available in HP printers released after 2014.
The scheme of enabling Wi-Fi Direct on printers with a display looks something like this:
1. Turn on the printer. In your printer settings, find your Wi-Fi connection and switch to Wi-Fi Direct.
2. Confirm your actions and wait for the printer to configure the desired settings. The network name and password will appear on display. Use this data to connect from your smartphone.
Now let’s look at how to print a document from your phone via Wi-Fi Direct on printers without a display. As an example, the Epson L4150 was chosen:
1. Press the keys marked in the picture for a few seconds. After a few seconds, the lights will stop flashing. The Direct light will light up. Press the second key for a few seconds until the information sheet comes out of the oven.
2. Enter the network password in your smartphone and connect to the printer. Print the document you want.
Print to a printer from your phone via Bluetooth
This variant of the connect is used extremely rarely. Firstly, not all devices have a Bluetooth function, and secondly, printing via USB or Wi-Fi takes less time and is a stable connection.
- 1 Go to [Settings]- [Network] and turn on the Bluetooth module.
- 2 Turn on Bluetooth on your tablet or smartphone. Connect to your printing equipment.
- 3 So, how to print photos from your phone to the printer: select a photo, press [Menu]-[Print] and select the device.
Now you know all the options for how to print from your phone to a printer. We hope this material was useful for you. Do not forget that timely prevention of the printer ensures stable operation of the device and positively affects its service life.
Frequently Asked Questions about Printing to a Printer from Your Phone
✅ Can I print from my phone to my printer?
Yes. More detailed instructions in our article.
📱 How do I connect my phone to a printer if there is no Wi-Fi?
Many modern printers are equipped with Wi-Wi Direct functions. Sometimes Bluetooth is present in the devices. In the presence of OTG-cable and USB-cord, MFP and mobile gadget connect directly.
📠 How do I print from my phone to my HP printer?
Download and install HP Print Service (print plug-in). This is the easiest method to connect your phone via Wi-Fi Direct, network, or OTG cable.
📴 Why can’t my phone see the printer?
The most likely causes are:
(1) the printer does not support Wi-Fi;
(2) the network is incorrectly configured: access to files and printers is denied;
(3) the phone has not had an application that acts as drivers installed;
(4) the downloaded application does not support your printer;
(5) The printer is connected to Wi-Fi Direct, and the phone is connected to a regular network.