While printing documents, the user may encounter various emergencies: the printer chews the paper, does not scan the page, or turns it on. Less often, there is a situation when the printer constantly prints the same thing. The device endlessly and non-stop prints out old documents, and it does not respond to new tasks. First, don’t worry. With a probability of 80%, the cause of the malfunction can be eliminated independently. Secondly, you do not need to disassemble the printer. We don’t need screwdrivers, a toner vacuum cleaner, and other tools. Third, it will take 30 minutes of your time to resolve this problem.
Why the printer prints the same thing – Reasons
- The printer is not configured correctly.
- There was a failure to communicate between the computer and the printing device.
- The print queue is full.
As you have already seen, the printer prints old documents due to software failures and errors. Below are proposed ways to solve this problem on the system “from simple to complex.” Follow the advice of the masters.
What should I do first if the printer prints the same thing?
- Turn off the printer.
- Turn off the PC;
- Wait 2 minutes;
- Start the computer and the printing device.
“If you have lost Wi-Fi – reboot the router, hang the phone – reboot it and clear the memory, the printer prints the same sheet – reboot it” – remember this wisdom. It will come in handy more than once. In 60% of cases, turning off and on printing office equipment helps solve software failures.
Does the printer print the same document? – Clean the print queue
After the printer is connected to the printer over a network or other method, you can send documents for printing. All files are queued up, which can be viewed and deleted through the computer. Here’s what it looks like in practice.
- Go to [Control Panel] and in the [Hardware and Sound] category, select [Devices and Printers]. If the printer prints the previous document and your PC is running Windows 8, 10, go to [Start]-[Settings]-[Devices].
- Right-click on the desired device. In Windows 10, tap the printer icon with the left button.
- Open the print queue. Click the [Printer] tab and clear the queue.
After that, try printing the new document. Does the printer print old text? Let’s move on to the next step.
Turn off two-way communication
This method primarily applies to owners of HP LaserJet printers.
- 1 In [Taskbar], find the [Devices and Printers] category.
- 2 Select the printer that is constantly printing by clicking PKM on it.
- 3 Open device properties. Click the [Ports] tab.
- 4 Uncheck [Allow two-way data]. If it is installed.
Accept the changes and try to print the test page.
If the printer is constantly printing a report, try reinstalling the printer drivers even though you no longer need to. To do this, remove the old software and use our instructions posted on the site’s pages.
We hope our recommendations were useful for you and helped solve the endless printing of old documents. Need high-quality repair of laser printers and MFPs? Comment below. We will try to restore the operability of your equipment within 2-4 hours.