Tipster Is the person who gives betting advice, usually for a fee. A reputable tipster offers thoughtful analytical advice for profit. Its reputation depends on the percentage of winnings, return on investment and average profit over different periods of time.
In Russian, the word tipster is not the most common; another term is much more common – “capper”. In fact, they mean the same thing – a person who makes predictions for matches, but there is a slight difference. Capper gives only forecast without analytics and bankroll management tips. Tipster helps subscribers comprehensively, so his service is more needed for those who do not want to delve into the intricacies of betting.
How a tipster makes predictions
Unfortunately, no one has a magic crystal ball that will predict the results before the match. But an experienced tipster makes every effort to make a forecast as accurately as possible.
He studies all possible statistics that can influence the possible outcome of a match. In addition, he carefully reads all the news concerning the team as a whole and each of its players individually, even the weather forecast matters. The average player will not do this, so they are less likely to correctly predict sports outcomes.
Once the necessary information has been gathered, the tipster determines which bets have the greatest chance of success. Of these, he usually chooses 1-2 options, which he can already share with subscribers, and they decide whether to use them or not.
How to know which tipster you can trust
There can be no guarantees in sports betting, you can always lose, even when betting on a seemingly “one hundred percent event”. A good tipster differs from a bad tipster in that in betting he minimizes failures and has a stable profit over the course of a distance.
However, there are 3 main things to look out for when choosing a tipster:
- Passage level. He will tell the player what percentage of bets the tipster wins. For example, one has this coefficient of 58%, while the other has 42%. It’s not hard to guess that the first forecaster is more likely to come up with winning advice.
- Average profit. It is usually displayed along with the period it covers. In this case, you need to pay attention to what period of time it is considered: the longer it is, the better and more accurate this indicator will be.
- Return on Investment (ROI). It is calculated by dividing the total return by the amount invested and then converted to interest. Thus, if a tipster bets 100,000 rubles a month, and his total profit is 55,000, first, 55,000 is divided by 100,000. This gives a return on investment of 0.55. Multiply this number by 100, and the return on investment is 55%.
But do not forget that all these statistics can be in a very short period of time, which means that they do not show anything. For example, a tipster made one bet of 10,000 rubles and made a profit of 50,000 rubles. As a result, the passage rate will be 100%, the average profit will be 50,000, the return on investment will be 500%. The indicators are phenomenal, but they are relevant only for one bet, so you cannot focus on them. Our recommendation is this: when studying statistics, always pay attention to how long it takes.
Do all tipsters give paid predictions?
No, not all tipsters will charge for their predictions, but the best and most respected will certainly do so. This is necessary because of the amount of time a good tipster invests in making predictions that have a high chance of making a profit. Many newbies will offer free predictions to prove aptitude, win over an audience, and then sell tips for a paid subscription.
How to choose a good tipster
Anyone can call themselves a tipster, create a website or social media page, and charge for their predictions. But this does not mean that all the advice the forecasters give will be useful and you can make a profit.
The main sign of a scammer or simply an unscrupulous tipster is the promise of guaranteed profits. As we wrote above, in sports betting, no one can be 100% sure of a particular result, even the most obvious at first glance. A professional tipster himself will say that he does not guarantee permanent wins, and streaks of losses are quite real. The main thing is that it will give a stable profit at a distance.
If a prediction site requires an entry fee, it’s almost certainly a scam. Reputable tipsters will allow visitors to crawl around the site, study it, and often even watch a free forecast.
Always read reviews, read the opinions of users on special sites, forums or social networks. If the tipster has extremely positive reviews, this is also a reason to think about whether they have been purchased. And, of course, always think with your own head first, because no one has the right to tell you what to bet on and what not.